Google Nest Cam Indoor Security Camera
How Does the Nest Cam Work?
Your security camera shouldn't sleep on the job. Nest Cam Indoor plugs into power so you never worry about dead batteries.
Does the Nest Cam Record Everything?
Some cameras can’t stay on all the time because they rely on batteries, so they only start recording when they sense motion. But if they miss something, you do, too. With a Nest Aware subscription, Nest Cam continuously records 24/7. And saves up to 30 days of footage securely in the cloud. So you never miss a thing.
Does the Nest Cam Send Alerts?
You can’t always be watching your video feed. Nest Cam looks for motion and listens for conspicuous sounds, like a boom or the crash of a window breaking. If Nest Cam thinks something’s up, it’ll send a phone alert or an email with a key image from the event. And if you miss an alert, you can see photos of activity from the last three hours for free in the Nest app.
Can the Nest Cam Tell the Difference Between Humans and Pets?
Get alerts that matter. When you subscribe to Nest Aware, advanced cloud algorithms pick out the activity you care about.
- Person alerts. Get a special alert when Nest Cam Indoor sees a human. Like if a person walks into the room, or if someone’s head appears in frame.
- Activity Zones. Get alerts when something happens in important areas, like the safe or the cookie jar.
Does the Nest App Store Recent Activity?
If you miss an alert, you can always see activity from the last three hours in the Nest app. So if something happened, you’ll know when the event started and ended and see a key photo from the event.
Does the Nest Cam Have 2-Way Audio?
Nest Cam Indoor has a built-in speaker and mic, so you can hear what’s happening at home. Or tell the dog to get off the couch.
Is the Nest Cam Easy to Install?
Nest Cam takes only a few minutes to install. Literally. Just plug it in and set it up from your phone. Nest Cam Indoor’s stand works in all kinds of homes, on all types of surfaces.
Does the Nest Cam Have Night Vision?
Yes, you can keep an eye around the clock. With Night Vision, you can see in the dark.
Does the Nest Cam Have Streaming Capabilities?
Yes. You can securely stream 1080p HD video to your phone, tablet or laptop.
Does the Nest Cam Have Pan and Zoom?
Yes. You can see the whole room at once, or zoom in to see something up close with Nest Cam's 8x digital zoom.
Is the Nest Cam Encrypted?
Your home and video recordings should be private. So Nest Cam uses security with 128-bit SSL encryption.
Policies & plans
- 1/3” 3-megapixel sensor with millions of colors and 8x digital zoom
- H.264 encoding, up to 1080p (1920 x 1080) at 30 frames/sec
Field of View
- 130° diagonal
- 8 high-power infrared LEDs (850nm) with IR-cut ﬁlter
Audio and Lights
- RGB LED
Size and Weight
- Assembled - Mass: 7.16 oz (203 g) - Height: 4.5 in (11.4 cm) - Width: 2.8 in (7.3 cm) - Depth: 2.8 in (7.3 cm)
- Wi-Fi connection
- Phone or tablet with iOS 8 or later, or Android 4 or later
- Free Nest account
- 32-104ºF (0-40ºC)
- Working Wi-Fi connection: 802.11 b/g/n @ 2.4GHz, 5GHz
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- AC power adapter: Input: 100-240VAC 0.2A Output: 5VDC 2.0A
- Camera Input: 5VDC, 1.0A
- 2-year limited warranty. For help, visit nest.com/support. Our support team is also available by phone 24/7.
What's in the Box
- Nest Cam indoor camera
- 10-foot USB cable and power adapter
- Wall-mounting plate
- Nest screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Welcome Guide
- Window decal
- At 720p, each camera requires an average of 200 kb/s of upload bandwidth and support for peak rates of 500 kb/s of upload bandwidth.
- At 1080p, each camera requires an average of 450 kb/s of upload bandwidth and support for peak rates of 1200 kb/s of upload bandwidth.
- If you subscribe to Nest Aware, your camera streams all video to the cloud for secure offsite storage. At 720p, this requires 60GB of upload bandwidth per month. At 1080p, this requires 140GB of upload bandwidth per month.
For additional questions or concerns regarding this product, please contact the Manufacturer's Customer Service Department at 1-855-469-6378
Why We Love This
Now you can keep an eye on what matters most. The Nest Cam senses motions and sounds, then sends an alert directly to your phone. Plus, it's easy to install.
About this item
- Designed to help you look after your home and family
- 24/7 live streaming
- Includes versatile magnetic stand
- Sends person alerts with Nest Aware